- ½ pound bulk pork sausage (great with the Rock River Ranches bison sausage - pre-cooked links makes it even easier!)
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper (green, red, yellow, or orange)
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes (or quartered cherry tomatoes)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- OPTIONAL: fresh herbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- If using raw sausage, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in sausage. Cook and stir until sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink (10-15 minutes). Drain.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in veggies, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix in sausage and Cheddar cheese. Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.